- Supervisor in Construction
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, it states that employers are required to employ only "COMPETENT PERSONS AS SUPERVISORS"
NEW SAFETY LEGISLATION WILL INCLUDE MANDATORY TRAINING FOR SUPERVISOR AND BUSINESS OWNERS.
Go to http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/sawo/blitzes/blitz_report42.php
We will discuss what the Safety Act defines as:
- How to read the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations for Construction Projects
- Definition of Competent Person: Section 1(1)
- General Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Employees: Section 25, 26, 27 & 28
- Duties and responsibilities of Constructors, Employers, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Understand offences and penalties for non-compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Review of Construction Regulations that affect the job site for high risk activities including: Filing Notices, Posted Materials, Workplace Violence and Harassment , Safe trenching and Excavation, Operating Moving Equipment in Reverse on Job Sites, Using Backhoes & other requirements.
Other discussions will include:
- Performing Risk Assessments and Job Planning
- Work Stoppage and Work Refusal Process and the role of the Supervisor
- Accident Reporting and Investigation Requirements
- Workplace Inspection Requirements