- Joint Health and Safety Refresher Training (1 Day)
1 day (8 hours) every 3 years
Refresher training will:
Review key concepts from Part 1 and Part 2 of the JHSC Certification Course.
- Review the roles, duties, and responsibilities of workplace parties.
- Review the rights, duties, and functions of the JHSC.
- Review the concepts of the hazard recognition, assessment, and control, and evaluation of the hazard controls and a Hazard Management Tool.
Describe changes or updates to relevant legislation, standards, codes of practice and occupational health and safety best practices.
- Describe new advances in occupational health and safety best practices, if any, in the last three years.
- Describe hazards that have emerged in the committee member's workplace in the last three years.
Provide opportunity for learners to share JHSC best practices and to discuss JHSC challenges and potential resolutions.
- Share challenges based on the committee member's experience as a JHSC member
- Share best practice based on the committee member's experience as a JHSC member.
- Brainstorm approaches to resolve challenges