- Joint Health and Safety Certification Training Part 1 (3 Day Course) NEW STANDARD
DEVELOPMENT OF EFFECTIVE "JOINT HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEES" (JHSC)
Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees are essential for the provision of a healthy and safe workplace. A committee works most effectively when its role is clearly defined and accepted. Committee members, their employer, other managers and workers must, first of all, understand why the Joint Health and Safety Committee is important. Training of your members is critical to establishing an effective committee.
CERTIFICATION TRAINING FOR JOINT HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
As required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, all workplaces in Ontario employing more than 20 workers must have a Joint Health and Safety Committee. At least one (1) worker member and one (1) management member must be CERTIFIED MEMBERS and have completed Part 1 and Part 2 Certification Training by a Ministry of Labour approved Training Provider.
PART 1: BASIC CERTIFICATION TRAINING.
Our Basic Certification Program is delivered over three (3) days within a scholastic environment where participant interaction is encouraged. Course content includes sessions in:
- How to read and understand the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its related regulations
- Joint Health and Safety Committees and what they are required to do
- Understanding workplace safety
- Understanding workplace health
- Learn how to conduct an effective safety inspection of your workplace
- How to conduct an Accident (Incident) Investigation
- How to get Part 2 Certification Training