- Elevating Work Platforms Safety Training
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE "OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS"
OHSA- Section 25(2)(A), (D) and (H)
- Ontario Regulation 851 - Section 51, 52, 55-61, 85
- Ontario Regulation 213 - Section 26, 142, 149
- Ontario Regulation 67 Section 13
- CSA B354.1-04 Portable Elevating Work Platforms
Competent operators must know, not only how to operate the particular class of Elevated Work Platforms to which they will be operating, but also be aware of the hazards associated; they must be able to operate the equipment in a manner that protects both their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
Hazards—People, Equipment, Material, and Environment
Workplace Pre-Use Inspections
Characteristics of Scissor Lifts and Vertical Mast Lifts
Characteristics of Articulating and Telescopic Boom Lifts
Equipment Inspections and Operational Stability